So, what are the advantages of cloth diapers? First of all they don’t have the chemicals that disposables do which is one cause they can aid reduce diaper rash. Cloth diapers are less pricey and can economise around $1000. Another benefit is that they are cool and comfortable. However, one of the biggest advantages of all is that children who use cloth diapers tend to be potty trained a lot faster, sometimes up to six months. Cloth diapers don’t mask the wetness as disposables do which is one reason for this. With these advantages, why then don’t more people use cloth diapers. Most moms are still under the impression they are very inconvenient and difficult to use. Here are some facts about cloth diapers that are available today.
Our mothers did not have the choice they have today when choosing cloth diapers. It involved folding, pins, plastic covers, and a lot of frustration. Many of us have simply switched to disposable diapers because they’re more convenient. Well, most cloth diapers today are not only convenient, they’re also more attractive and sometimes work better than disposable. The key to using and sticking with cloth diapers is choosing the one that works best for you. Here are some of the cloth diaper options on the market.
* All-in-Ones. scutec lavabil. These are basically cloth versions of disposable diapers. They come in once piece and require no inserts or outer coverings; they’re already built in. You can also get wool versions of these that have a softer cover layer. These diapers are great for busy parents, but you may have cleaning problems because you have to wash them as one piece.
* All-in-Twos. These are just like all-in-ones except the absorbent layer is an extra piece that fits in the diaper. They are almost as convenient, but they’re more hygienic because it’s easier to clean the inserts.
* Fitted Diapers. These look a lot like plastic diapers because they are fitted at the edges to prevent leaks. Unlike all in ones, they do require a diaper cover. You can also get contour diapers that are shaped to fit the baby, but not elasticized to fit tight.
* Flat and Prefold Diapers. These are basically old fashioned diapers. Many have been made more convenient using snaps instead of pins, but they still require folding and aren’t fitted. Prefold diapers provide extra layers of fabric for better absorption. While these may seem archaic, they’re the cheapest option for cloth diapering.
* Pocket Diapers. These diapers are similar to two-in-ones because you can add your own inserts, but instead of sitting in the diaper, the inserts are put into a special pocket. This is great if you need varying levels of protections and absorbency. Another great feature is that you can use almost any naturally absorbent material to put in the pocket, including old flat and prefold diapers.
* One-size Diapers. While most diapers need to be replaced as your child grows, one-size are exactly as they sound: one size fits all. This means you can not only use the same diapers from infancy up, but you can also use the same diapers for your older and younger kids and avoid tedious diaper sorting.
You may think that choosing a diaper type is a big enough decision for you to make, but there are other variables you must consider.
* Diaper Liners. This is what keeps excrement from getting into the main fabric of the diaper. These can be fabric, which you wash, or paper, which you can throw away or flush down the toilet.
* Diaper Covers. It used to be you have to cover cloth diapers in annoying plastic. Now there are new materials being used including wool. Wool offers the added benefit of being warm. You can also get wool covers in pant form for a great looking, easy outfit.
* Organics. You now have the option of getting your diaper, liners, soakers, and everything else, made from organic materials. They’re better for the environment and for your baby.
While sifting through the many diapering options can be overwhelming, it’s better to take the time. This way you can find cheap, environmentally friendly diapers that fit into your life and make for a happier baby.
scutece refolosibile cu buzunar, evolutive (one size), masura universala. Scutece la fel de usor de folosit ca si cele de unica folosinta, dar sunt mult mai economice, sanatose si ecologice.